Get Advice when buying an investment property in Sydney
First Class Wealth can help you with buying an investment property, whether it’s in Sydney, another capital city, or a strategic location elsewhere.
For many, once the family home is paid off – or a reasonable amount of it – they start to look at other ways of building wealth. Often their first thought is property investment. An increasingly popular option all over the country, especially given the current rental market, it can often be an excellent long term strategy, providing reliable income for decades to come.
What's more, you're not limited to residential properties such as apartments and houses for investments. You can also invest in commercial properties such as shopping centres and office blocks through managed funds and property investment trusts. You can invest in property directly as an individual or through self-managed super, but there are risks to be consider first. For example, the home loan will need to be repaid and your financial obligations may increase if the rental property is empty. First Class Wealth are here to ensure you avoid the property investment pitfalls.
Benefits of a Sydney investment property
- Capital growth: the value of your property will increase over time
- You'l get an additional source of income once the property becomes positively geared
- The security of a visible, real investment
- Generally less volatile price changes
- Discounts on capital gains tax for investments held longer than 12 months
Common property investment questions to consider
Investing in property can be a great way to build wealth, if you do it right. But make sure you’ve considered every angle before you buy an investment property.
- Is it better to put all my spare money into paying off my mortgage or should I consider other investments?
- Am I better off investing my extra money in real estate, or shares?
- Are there tax advantages to owning an investment property?
- Do I have to pay special taxes?
- Are there other ways I can invest, apart from buying directly?
- Am I better off investing directly, or should I look at managed funds?
Developing a property investment strategy
With First Class Wealth, every property investment comes with a financial plan built around your short-and long-term goals. Our property investment advice is always tailored to your financial situation. We work with you to make the most of your opportunities, and tailor the right tax and mortgage structures for you. We’re not just here to provide property investment advice in Sydney’s north either, we can help you find the right investments all over the country.
It’s helpful to look ahead before buying a property, understand what your options are and how certain decisions can affect your long-term wealth.
How we can help
We can help you:
- Decide what you want to achieve
- Develop an overall investment strategy and work out how property could fit with in your personal needs and goals
- Find the right home loan through our partnered accredited mortgage consultant
- Identify milestones for reaching your goals
- Create a detailed financial plan for building wealth
Come into our Sydney CBD offices today and start a discussion on securing your financial future through smart Sydney property investments.